Dynamic Jasper is a great tool for designing and creating simple or complex dynamic reports. Talend is not only used as the most common tool for data transformation. It is also used for dynamic Jasper report generation using tJasperInput component. Automation with context parameters is the most important value add to it. It helps to resolve many challenges involved in dynamic report creation such as on the fly changes like column name, report header, date, and so on. It helped developers in saving the report generation time. read more
Technology & Integration
Product development, especially for Startups is very different from project development. The role of the product organization is to consistently deliver significant new value to the business through continuous product innovation. Product development has some of the following characteristics:
- No well-defined start and end dates
- Ambiguous requirements
- Extremely agile driven
- Vision is up to 2 to 3 sprints only
- Not scared of throwing away unwanted stuff
- Constant feedback loop and adjust the course
- Highly research oriented
- Starts with minimal viable product
- Executes lot of quick proof of concepts
- Component ownership
- Multiple quick demos to customers
Teams working in product development exhibit different mindset than those in IT project development. Treselle has extensive experience in working with product development for Startups and enables them to turn their raw ideas into high growth business by supporting technology & operation capabilities, create product roadmap plan, work with ambiguous requirements in agile methodology, perform research & prototyping, and build Minimal Viable Product to a full-fledged product. Treselle has depth & breadth of skillsets to develop complete solutions – Architects, backend, frontend, database, testing, DevOps, project managers, data integrators, etc…
To remain competitive, businesses should make sure that their applications are working efficiently and supporting all their business needs. Businesses are constantly looking for custom solutions to support internal and external users and modernizing legacy systems while enhancing existing systems and applications. Treselle has helped businesses by taking complete responsibilities from analysis, design, implementation, testing and integration of systems and have experience in the following:
- Legacy application modernization: Often times, businesses have to re-purpose, refactor and consolidate legacy applications to align it more closely with current business needs. This is to create new business value from existing applications and keeping legacy applications running smoothly can be a time-consuming, resource-intensive process, especially when the application becomes very outdated.
- Backoffice integration & automation: Businesses generally starts with manual way of tracking and monitoring multiple backoffice systems and partners using tools such as excel, emails, shared drive, etc and realizes at a point where more time is spent doing rudimentary tasks over and over resulting in inefficiency. These manual error-prone process can be automated, and integrate with existing backoffice solutions and partner systems with better tools and technologies
- Salesforce integration: Businesses use Salesforce CRM system assuming it will be used for sales team only and a standalone system disconnected from rest of the business systems. However, over the time businesses sees more needs to integrate it with rest of their systems to keep the information flow in both ways that will enable sales team to be more efficient as they have more knowledge about accounts, leads, and contacts
- Custom application development: Businesses do face situations where the software that suits their specific needs isn’t available on the market. It is essential to build time and cost-effective customized applications that help businesses address their business goals efficiently
- Single Page Application Development: Scrolling no longer is an annoying experience for users and SPA makes it happen with responsive apps. SPAs provide for a better performance and can handle load distribution more efficiently through dynamic data load from the server-side API and connection with RESTful web services. Application such as SaaS, business apps, data visualization apps, and social apps can all make use of SPA methodology. Technologies and their capabilities such as AngularJS, Backbone.js, Node.js ecosystem, HTML5, CSS3, and JQuery are the main reasons for businesses opting for SPA. Treselle has extensive experience in building SPA using the above mentioned tools and technologies
- Mechanical Turk force for data: We have seen many businesses don’t have enough human resource power to perform various data validation checks, associate, correlate and map data, filter and normalize based on some business rules, check the accuracy of data in multiple web location and prepare reasonable data. Treselle has helped businesses with these needs using internally trained Mechanical Turk force
A plethora of tools and technologies to solve different problems rather than force fitting the solution to the existing technology, and popularity of agile methodology, continuous integration & deployment, containerization, cloud, and DevOps is making businesses to realize about the disadvantages of their monolithic applications and start thinking about microservices that has some of the following benefits:
- Services are focused on doing one thing and doing it well
- Lessens dependencies between teams, resulting in faster code to production
- Allows lots of initiatives to run in parallel
- Allows polyglot programming and storage persistence to use best technology for the use case
- Enables graceful degradation of service
- Promotes ease of innovation through disposable code—it is easy to fail and move on
- Continuous integration, development, and deployment
- Ability to scale services independently and provide high availability
Treselle has extensive experience in building microservice architecture and implementing the solution using both custom and cloud based solutions depending on business needs. Treselle teams diversed skillsets on multiple programming languages, SQL/NoSQL exposure, DevOps & containerization capabilities, and deep experience with AWS cloud makes them an apt team for microservice journey
Cloud computing has been exploiting recent advances in software, networking, storage, and processor technologies with key characteristics: agility, cost (pay-as-you-go), multi-tenancy, scalability, elasticity, and sustainability. Cloud computing not only lowers power, people, and capital costs, but also provides resilience without redundancy. However, there are potential pitfalls in migrating applications to the cloud. Treselle has helped businesses in building applications using AWS web services, migrate their on-premise systems to AWS cloud, and manage AWS cloud infrastructure.
- AWS Cloud Application Development: Treselle has experience building different types of applications on cloud such as complete SaaS product, batch data processing, long running process, streaming data, data storage persistence using different AWS storage services, event and notification execution model, etc
- AWS Cloud Migration: Businesses are increasingly moving to cloud based services for computing, elasticity, cheap storage, better security and access controls, and other managed services to save cost, achieve scalability, and prepare for capacity growth plan. Treselle has helped businesses in migrating on-premise and private data center applications to AWS cloud services based on business needs
- AWS Cloud Infrastructure Management: Treselle has helped clients in managing their AWS cloud infrastructure with continuous cost saving plans by using reserved or spot instead of on-demand instances, migrate old and degraded instances to new instances, monitor health of different services using cloudwatch, manage security across different AWS services using IAM & security groups, prepare roadmap plan based on business requirements, automation of mundane tasks using AWS CLI & SDK, and others
For years, the relational model has been the de facto option for data problems big and small. We don’t expect relational databases to fade away and they will continue to have a huge role in serving business’ needs. However, enterprises are emerging from the relational databases fog to discover alternate options, such as schema-less or alternate data structures, simple replication, high availability, horizontal scaling, and new query methods. It’s very important to remember that enterprises can solve most of their data challenges by one or a combination of multiple types of databases. The question is which database or combination of databases is best suitable for your problem space and usage patterns.
- SQL Database Service on Cloud: Many businesses have moved to cloud based AWS RDS database systems running on MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, and Aurora providing same on-premise capabilities minus administration tasks related to upgrades, patching, backups, etc. Treselle has helped clients implementing SQL database solutions on AWS that includes data modeling for master and transaction data, schema evolution, implementing complex statistical computations on stored procedures, etc.
- NoSQL Database Service: There are specialized databases to handle different types of data. The hybrid approach of mixing different database technologies and designing database architectures to meet the specifics of business requirements is called Polyglot Persistence, which has been a crucial factor in the rise of NoSQL databases. Treselle has extensive experience with multiple NoSQL databases such as MongoDB for Geo-Spatial needs, Redis for caching needs, Neo4j/OrientDB for graphing needs, Cassandra for time-series needs, Elastic Search for text and search capabilities, and others.
- A polyglot persistence integration framework using Spring Data, MVEL, and Apache Camel.
- Spring Data was very useful as it has many out of the box connectors to various data stores. Custom connectors were built for those that were not available.
- MVEL for expression language to convert the user queries into respective data store queries, and
- Camel for routing to proper service based on request metadata that interacts with a target data store.
Business benefits delivered:
- Ability to use the data on client’s SaaS product within 4 weeks for the most demanding capabilities in the first phase.
- ZERO changes to the client’s persistence layer.
- Ability for our client to easily create custom connectors to new data stores in the future.
- Thousands of dollars savings in resource cost as the chosen framework stack abstracted all the complexities and reduced the dependency on specific persistence expertise.
- A unified data access layer was achieved, which the client was struggling with during the previous 18 months.
Business benefits delivered:
- Helped our client to understand and decide what was done, what’s needed, what to throw away, and what was missing via requirements documents created from reversed engineering activity.
- Acquired the ability to use the new system within 2 months and completely scrap the old system, which was error prone. Mitigated the risk of a lack of internal knowledge to troubleshoot if something goes wrong.
- Incorporated new business workflows based on INFRA standards to follow compliance.
- Ability to monitor different human tasks in different workflows using Activiti Explorer provided great insights on what’s going on with various publishing documents.
- Capability to generate reports on current and historical reports was helpful to adhere to INFRA standards.
Business benefits delivered:
- Saved quarter million dollars in annual license and transaction fees by consolidating multiple payment gateways into one.
- We offered the ability to operate in many more countries with different currencies. This allowed the client to go global.
- Saved thousands of dollars from human errors, duplicate transactions, and missing transactions by automating the back-office accounting system integration with unified payment system.
- Enabled a high availability and scalable platform with 99% up time. This allowed our client to successfully operate round the clock without missing on any transactions.
- Socket level encryption and tamper proof cryptography enabled the client to achieve PCI compliance.
- Increased the productivity of the accounts and finance department to easily track the transactions occurring in the system on the fly with the admin system by removing paper-based follow-ups. This also reduced the human operating cost.
Business benefits delivered:
- Ability to quickly find the availability, and cost of different types of rooms at 22,000 hotels in real time.
- Increased the revenue by offering these hotel connections to tour agencies world wide.
- Reduced the human and operational cost in exchanging the hotel availability and cost via fax, spreadsheet, phone, and other offline mode.
- Ability to integrate with different hotel partner APIs that are exposed with multiple API protocols, and response formats into unified API and avoided point to point integration for expanding future hotel connections.
- Ability to integrate with different internal data sources: Availability/cost store, accounting system, payment system, and others to improve the operational efficiency.